Thank you for your interest in being featured on A Doggy Tale. We would love to feature your work. We are looking for high quality images of dogs in portraits, in action, at weddings or events, with their owners, telling stories, behind the scenes look at their homes, etc. Basically if you have a good selection of images that include a dog, we’d love to see them!
We do have some guidelines that must be met in order for you to be featured with us. If your submission meets all of these guidelines, we would be happy to review your submission via Two Bright Lights through our sister site Fab You Bliss, or via Dropbox.com or PASS to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Submission images must meet the highest of quality standards, meaning excellent composition, technique, lighting, exposure, editing and creativity.
2. It is our preference to accept only exclusive submissions. This also means we will not accept submissions that have been sent to other publications at the same time. To be accepted for publication, we require to be the only publication reviewing the submission.
However, if you have a submission that has been published that you feel is perfect for A Doggy Tale, please feel free to submit it and indicate where it has been published. If we like it enough, we will make an exception. Please do not submit anything that has been published elsewhere without disclosing where and when it has been published. Every submission receives a thorough search before it is published. Non-disclosure and manipulation of publication systems is frowned upon.
3. Please submit at least 50 images. All images need to be at least 800 pixels in width, verticals as well.
4. Please do not submit too may vertical shots. Some vertical images are okay, but too many makes it difficult for our layouts. A good variety is best.
5. We would love for you to provide as much detail about the dog(s) as possible.
6. Please do not submit any watermarked images.
7. We only accept single image files. Please do not submit two or more images Photoshopped together.
8. We accept submissions via Two Bright Lights through our sister blog Fab You Bliss. When submitting through Two Bright Lights, please indicate the submission is for A Doggy Tale. We also accept submissions via Dropbox or PASS to our editor at email@example.com.
9. Submission review. We do our best to review all submissions as quickly as possible. Some times of the year it is much quicker, other times your wait may be longer. Please give up to at least 2 weeks for a submission to be reviewed. If you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of submitting, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with [status of submission review] in the subject line.
We look forward to reviewing your work for publication on A Doggy Tale!